Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Macrame and Succulents.


Latest update to the bunk room is the sweetest hanging planter ever! I'm pretty much in love with it.

A little while ago, I did a post about how I thought macramé was making a comeback and decided to take the plunge and add one within my own home. Every room needs a bit of life and I found the perfect little corner in the bunk room.


I ordered the plant hanger from The Vintage Loop, an Etsy shop located in Toronto. They have all kinds of different colors and styles but I decided to go with a white one with the cute little knubby details. I played it a little safe, but mostly I just really love white.


I picked up a ceiling hook from Canadian Tire. They only came in gold at our store so I gave it a couple of coats of white spray paint so that it would blend into the ceiling a little better.


The plant itself looks artificial but it's a real succulent! I bought it at Prestige Floral and it fits perfect in the white Ikea pot, which in turn fit perfectly in the hanger. I'm not sure of the variety of succulent but it's supposed to be quite resilient. Let's hope so because I haven't had much luck caring for indoor plants.
 
 



You may also notice in these photos that the new roman shade is up in the window! The fabric is from Tonic Living and is called Handcut Shapes in Charcoal. The room is very white so it provides a good contrast. I had the roman shade made by a local seamstress and she did a fantastic job and it was easy to install.

 

 
Here is another peek at the roman shade with the new bunk ladder.


The room is really starting to come together. I picked up the blankets yesterday from the mill. I'll get them on the beds and get a shot of the whole room. We certainly don't need wool blankets at this time of year, but I'm anxious to see how they look on the beds.

Anyone who is interested in having a plant hanger of their very own,
The Vintage Loop is offering 10% off to Modern Jane readers!
Just enter the code THANKYOU10 at checkout! 

2 comments:

  1. How lovely! I really like how the room is coming together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Wow!! I hope we will get details on the shade and bunk ladder too?!?!?! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)