Thursday, April 4, 2013

Our Trip to Mexico!



We recently got back from a trip to Riviera Maya in Mexico that we took over my March Break from school. It was a very hot, relaxing, romantic and food filled week. We loved every minute!

This post is a bit picture heavy since I had a hard time deciding what to share. It makes my sad looking at them at hearing that PEI may be hit with yet another snowstorm this weekend. Will Spring ever be here? At least we missed two storms while we were away! We decided against lugging our SLR along with us so all the photos were taken with my trusty iphone.





We loved our resort. It was constructed within a jungle setting so it felt very lush and it was easy to find shade which was nice because it was really hot! The buildings were modern white constructions with lots of marble and open air spaces. A much different take than ones I've seen before in bright vibrant colors and more suited to my taste. The rooms had spacious patios with outdoor jacuzzis, made private with lots of greenery.







We loved the gym/wellness center. It felt very peaceful and zen. We planned to spend more time there but I only ended up taking in one yoga class and Steph swam in the lap pool.




My favorite day was when we left the resort early one morning and went off on our own to discover some cenotes. The first one was a kilometer walk from the highway and we arrived to discover we were the only ones there. We spent time swimming in the crystal clear water, snorkeling and jumping from the trees. I had a few heart attacks watching Steph do backflips.





Of course, we had to see the Mayan ruins. It was an incredibly hot morning and after walking through we thankfully discovered an incredibly beautiful beach. My favorite most refreshing swim of the week!




We also had the chance to swim with the sea turtles and a barracuda!, read a couple of books, had some great dinners out and had a few lazy afternoons under our palpatas. We discovered that we are terrible at taking selfies and when you are travelling just the two of you, this is the best shot we have of us together. Luckily this is before I spilled red wine all over my top! 


All in all, it was great trip but it's always nice to come home. We missed everyone and our little Beaufort was lonesome for us. Of course. Till next time...

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun--beautiful location. Weird question but I have seen it before....given that you are Canadian, what's with "favorite" (vs favourite)? I don't know why I notice that, but I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you ask! Same with color and colour. Technically I should use the opposite given that I'm Canadian:)

      Delete
  2. Maybe I missed it, but what was the name of the resort? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The resort was the Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Kaan. A bit of a mouthful!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time! So nice to be able to escape the snow for a bit. We're so ready for permanent spring weather around here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great vacation! I've never done a resort vacation before, but it's on my list for one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that looks absolutely amazing! That natural pool is insane, the water color is gorgeous! Glad you got some time to unwind with your love (c:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! It looks like it was lovely...jealous of the sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how lovely, i was there in dec 2012, u make me want to go back
    nice pics! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This place looks heavenly! Glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)