I try to remind myself of the reason I blog and the reason I love to read blogs. It's the inspiration and ideas I find from others. And of course the supportive comments from my followers. Homes are supposed to be a work in progress and that is what makes them so fun! I believe in taking your time to collect the pieces you bring into your home and loving the result.
I've decided stop nitpicking and just post some already! Let's start with the living room. Sometimes, it takes a look back in pictures to really see how far you've come.
Before moving in (not my stuff :))
I called this fireplace "the muppet". It had a sticky varnish finish which had been collecting dog hair.
The big, bright windows were my favorite part.
The fun part! Removing 3 layers of wallpaper = FUN!
Ahhh.. I could see the light at the end of the tunnel with a fresh coat of primer!
A lick of paint and a few furnishings!
And the living room now. Finally coming together.
Obviously, you can tell from the pictures that a lot changed. Here is a rundown.
- Floors sanded and varnished
- All the trim and moldings were painted white (ICI Natural White in semi-gloss)
- Walls painted (ICI Meeting House in matte)
- Blue club chairs (reupholstered vintage)
- Floral Chair
- Feature wall ~ geometric wallpaper now discontinued.
- Painted the
muppetfireplace. 5 coats baby!
- upholstered ottoman
- Built in cabinet to house the TV, books and accessories (In the back corner where you can spy a TV now.)
- Light fixture. (The IKEA paper ball is a temporary solution.. it's not even hooked to a light source. The scale is definitely perfect, but I have no idea what to put there!