Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gallery Walls

Speaking of trends of late. What do you think of gallery walls? They've so far stood the test of time. Having a wall of pictures or art in your home adds so much visual interest. I love looking at other people's collections of art, family photos, or vacation pictures. It's like a glimpse into their history and taste. You can even add framed fabric/paper/special notes of mirrors!
I think this is the solution for the empty wall in my mom and dad's new family room. I've collected some images that I find inspiring, hoping to convince my mom and get the ball rolling!

While I love symmetrical arrangements with matching frames like these below, I find doing a random arrangement much easier to create and like the relaxed feel.


 a cup a jo
 

samantha pynn
Here are some random arrangements: 

made by girl
  

nake berkus
 

pottery barn
  

apartment therapy
  

design sponge
  



little green notebook
 

apartment therapy
 

apartment therapy
 

a cup of jo
 

domino
 

desire to inspire


domino





So Mom.. what do you think?
And everyone else? Do you still love them? Do you have one in your home?

12 comments:

  1. I just finished doing a small one..but man oh man, when they frames are not straight...i bust out my level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these as well!!! OK, so when you're all done helping mom, you can come over to my place and help me with one too!!! Just don't know how to get started, good thing I have you!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gallery walls. I like both the random and symmetrical layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. We moved two months ago, and I have yet to get my frames up on the wall...this gave me a lot of ideas. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love gallery walls. Great post! So many fabulous ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they are all so pretty!
    We have one and I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a couple and I could stare at them for hours. I think if they are filled with meaningful items they are incredible. Such a great collection of images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great collection of the best gallery walls (keeping this on file). I love the one with the black convex (?) mirror.

    XX Samantha

    ps: I use my blogger to show my mom what I am thinking/ doing too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I really like that purple room by Nate!
    I would love that......The Boyfriend would hate it! HA
    Great pictures!
    Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE gallery walls! Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely and inspiring post! I just love gallery walls too - I linked this to my gallery walls post as well, come on by and take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for these inspirational gallery walls. it seems that gallery walls with random frames required a little bit creativity. it looks awesome combination for gallery walls. here is the only place to buy home decor items www.finerthingsforless.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)