Thursday, August 4, 2011

Coming Along!

My brother worked all day yesterday and make lots of progress. I tried to help by clearing out all the demo pieces, feeding him lunch and being a gopher but mostly just tried to stay out of his way! He works carefully and meticulously and I don't bother to ask too many questions. He did such a great job on my kitchen that I trust him!

Here is how it looked last night:



And after a few hours this morning.

I wanted to keep the same railing so he is re-attaching those now and will soon be putting in the new stairs. It's all coming together!

13 comments:

  1. Looks good! Just wondering what color your front door is? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's one of the mostly quickly constructed decks I've seen - you Islanders are efficient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is what I call progress! Wish you were closer so I could hire your brother :-) Our porch needs a re-do as well.

    Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly! I just caught up on this but looking at the progress your brother is making - it's going to be awesome!!! So nice to have a handy relative like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking good!! It'll be lovely when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking mighty lovely! How lucky to have a skilled family member. I would never complete the big projects without my dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it's going to look amazing when it's all done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That man works FAST! :) Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh, he is speedy!! It is looking good...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the color of your front door! Mine is boring hunter green and I've been trying to find some inspiration. I think I found it here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a difference a day makes! Are you going to paint or stain the planks?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's really coming along! Three cheers for brothers who can wield hammers and drills and a variety of other power tools with skill and precision.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow he works fast! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)