Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bye Bye Porch.

So much for just giving the porch a facelift! My brother got started early this morning, ripping up the boards and tearing down the stairs. When he stopped for a coffee break, he had some bad news for me. What he found underneath was not what we expected and realistically, the best bet? A whole new deck.

Within a couple of hours, it went from this:




To this:




He is out now buying the supplies to get started. I know it's going to be more labor time and more money to redo the whole deck, but I'm excited to have it all redone. Wish us luck!

12 comments:

  1. aww man...but this could all turn out to be a pleasant surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your front door color...so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Can't wait to see it! I love the look of your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness nothing was living under there!
    You could of had a big surprise! ha

    I can't wait to see what you do!!! Everything you do turns out wonderful

    Hey I saw your pillows on Pintrest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo that is exciting! It's never cool when that gets sprung on you, but that will definitely be something you will get a lot of use and enjoyment out of! I can't wait to see it finished (I bet you can't, either!)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great! I am excited to see your plans...share more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you will be so excited to have a porch again :) and I can't wait to see how it turns out - lovely, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the latest change of plans. I'm sure it will be fantstic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It WILL be great to have a new porch. I hope it comes together nicely for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excited to see what the finished product will be!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck! I can't wait to see it once it's completed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! What a huge job! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)