Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Weekend in June.

A cloudy, cold and rainy weekend for the most part. I got lots done though around the house and did some preparations for the baby shower I'm hosting next weekend. I'm looking forward to posting about some of the decorations!
Luckily I have a covered porch so that didn't stop me from putting together my pots of annual flowers. I haven't had much luck other years so I'm crossing my fingers this summer! With a little luck and some Miracle Grow.. here's hoping:)
I took some pictures so that I could track the progress. They look pretty measly now but give them a couple of weeks!
A little glimpse at how badly my front porch needs a makeover. Look at those floorboards:(




Friends of mine are starting Segway tours on the boardwalk here this summer. On Saturday, I got to be the guinea pig. I received the full lesson and got to take one out down the boardwalk. It was cold but very fun!
Source: google.ca via Jane on Pinterest


A busy week ahead for me with school winding down soon. I hope you all have a great week!

14 comments:

  1. Good luck with the end of your school year. Isn't it amazing how crazy those last few days are?

    Your pots are going to be so pretty this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pots look gorgeous! and if you think your floorboards are bad, you should see my deck. eek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're looking good! I have a black thumb and am afraid my planters won't last (especially not in this crazy heat), but I'm doing my best to keeping them looking good (and alive)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, things are looking good out there! And I agree with Cassie, if you think that looks bad... you should see my awful painted cement patio!! No bueno!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed. No green thumb around here. Those segways are awesome. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your planters look great - I love the sweet potato vine and the geranium. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehe...I'm giggling about the thought of you cruising on the segway...but I'm pretty sure it would be a fun way to pass an afternoon! I love your porch, it looks so charming! And I'm impressed with your gardening skills, so far so good...I would kill those poor little guys within two weeks )c:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet potato vine is one of my favorites! Glad you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous of the segway tour!! I've only been on one at Disney World. It was an Epcot exhibit and I got in trouble for going too fast. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to ride a segway - they look like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck finishing the year off. I am a teacher too, but I work on-call so no report cards for me to write! What projects do you have up your sleeve this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job with the pots. I see you have talent both indoors and outdoors. Good luck with the end of school. It's so busy for parents. I can only imagine as a teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful planters Jane! I wish I could say mine were as beautiful. I am having a hard time keeping them alive. The segway tour looks like so much fun! Good luck wrapping up the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh, I desperately want to get some planters and bright flowers on our front porch! I'm no good at picking out flowers though. I get too overwhelemd.

    And Segway tours? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)