Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DIY: Pelmet Box

I'm in the process of sprucing up the guest bedroom. I don't actually have much of a game plan as of yet, which is very unlike me. I'm kinda winging it, but I'll share as I go along!
First up, over the bed is a small square window. I had thought about making a roman shade like I did in my bedroom, but wanted something different. Then, I remembered that I had  come across a tutorial for pelmet boxes via Little Green Notebook as well. That girl has some great ideas, I tell you!
All you need is some fabric, foam core, duck tape, cotton batting and a staple gun. This project took less than half an hour and it's light as a feather (ie. easy to hang!).


I found the fabric at a local fabric store, I really like the geometric pattern.
You also get a little glimpse of the light fixure in the room:)


I like the simple straight lines, which saved me some time.
You could cut your foam into a more intricate shape like Jenny did for her girls' room




Well, that's a start anyway! Not sure where I'm heading next with the room, but I'll keep you posted!
Just for fun, here is a couple of pics of my little Beaufort.
With a long weekend and a snow day, he and I have been joined at the hip:)

God forbid be take that bone out of his mouth!

What a grump.. I love this picture.. he looks half asleep and likely is:)

*linking up to Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest

9 comments:

  1. Looks great! and he is so adorable!
    -Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job, pelmet boxes are so easy but make such a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric you chose! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job...love the fabric. how'd you hang it exactly? I'm gearing up to make one for daughter's room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. I want to try it! Love that light fixture too... it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice!!

    I am blog hopping today and I am happy I found your blog.

    Please head on over and visit my blogs as well and become a follower if you aren't already:

    Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed day!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice job!....he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dog is too cute! I love that face!

    And the pelmet box looks amazing! The fabric is great (and the light fixture is fab too!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! We desperately need window treatments for almost all of our windows still... maybe I should try this out!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)