At first I was skeptical, until I saw how many people commented on her post with their success stories. I decided to try one out myself.
I made one for my office first. (sorry no pic) It has held up well and no one has suspected that it wasn't sewn.. or at least they haven't told me so!
So, I gave it another go in a bedroom and it turned out great again. I love the finished product.
So, for those of you who were wondering what I had up my sleeve for my favorite fabric from Premier Fabrics, there it is! The bedroom has two windows in it and I used just over a metre for both.
The room finally feels complete. Here is a photo is the room before the shades.
It is kind of an awkward room to photograph because it is an L shade with an alcove. Here is a couple of shots of both windows with the new shades.
Please excuse the old rad, my wrinkly bed and dirty windows! You don't notice these things so much until you take pictures!
Just for fun, here is a picture of the bedroom before paint and wallpaper.
This was an emotional moment for me when we discovered what was under that paper :(
It all turned out okay in the end though!
This project is seriously so easy! Find a window in your home that needs some love and make one! You will thank me.. I mean Jenny:)