Thursday, June 13, 2013

Around Here.

How is it Thursday? Wow.. slow on the posting this week! I guess it's the end of school year crunch that's got me behind but at least we're on the home stretch! Two weeks from tomorrow will be my last day before summer vacation! Report cards, field trips and closing ceremony for my class to get through first though. I swear I blinked and this year is over. Crazy.


Around here we are busy with Spring projects. The fence is a job and a half to say the least. I can't really take much credit. I help out where I can, by holding posts, tamping the soil and planning the landscaping part but it's really been Steph's project and he's worked hard on it. I'm sure when the job of staining it comes along he will be quick to remind me. In all seriousness, he doesn't seem to mind.. it's for Beaufort after all! We can't wait see him running around in the yard without being tied. He's going to be thrilled!

I ordered a new print from Elizabeth Mayville and it arrived yesterday. It's so so pretty. I really can't decide where to put it. Maybe in my living room gallery wall? I'll keep you posted on that one.



I got the inspiration to order the print from Kristen at the Hunted Interior and the space she designed for Room Service Atlanta. You absolutely must check it out the before and after. She knocked it out of the park. Big time.


My rhododendrons are blooming. I have a few that I clipped, around the house. One of the best parts of summer is having fresh blooms around to bring indoors.


Speaking of blooms, I did of few of my outdoor planters and plan to finish up on the weekend. I had success last year for the first time and I'm hopeful again for this year. I'll finish them up and share what annuals I used next week!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your final weeks of school!

    I love the look of your fence and the way the boards go horizontal instead of the normal vertical. Looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking fence!!!
    AND love your new artwork!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new art print looks great! The fence is coming along nicely too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that art print! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)