Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pillow Plenty.

It seems it's pillow month around here! Yesterday, I shared the new pillows that I had made with fabric from Tonic Living. They are going to be perfect against the headboard in the bedroom.


A while ago, I found an Ebay seller who sold silk ikat pillows for an amazing price. I had been tempted to order similar ones for the living room from an etsy shop but couldn't stomach the $60 a pillow price tag. The ebay store Antiquarian Textiles, based in Uzbekistan, sells a pair of pillows for less than $25 plus $8 to ship! I'll admit I was skeptical of the quality but decided to go ahead and order a beautiful pair of blue ikat dot pillows.


Yeah.. so turns out they weren't blue but purple! Those are the risks of ordering online, I suppose. The good news was that the quality was wonderful and a good friend offered to take them off my hands. They will be perfect for her daughter's room. 

Right away, I ordered a new set and waited patiently for them to arrive. This time I went a little more neutral and they are perfect!


Here are a few more from their shop, in case you are interested. I definitely recommend them!





Get your order in soon though because one downfall is that shipping is slow (4+ weeks for me). Sooner you order the sooner you get to enjoy them! Let's look at mine one more time..


Yep. Love them!

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I just added a new pillow too, after my pillow-picking fail (when I listed your collection as totally fab).

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute and a great price! off to check out that shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! I love those ikat pillows-- gonna have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a great deal! I'm loving all the colorways, even your purple! You did a wonderful job on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pillows! I love the ikat against the plain sofa. Just enough pop :) The purple are also SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when friends share great sources! Thanks, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great! I love the striped ones, i can't wait to see how your bedroom turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yayyyy for pillows! I just spent over $200 on pillows for my living room! But pillows really are like completely redecorating. I'm in love with mine. Yours are adorable!

    semoore2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great source! I love those pillows of yours and can't believe they were so affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Ikat pillows!! Such a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely worth the wait! And an awesome price - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Took the words right out of my mouth.. yup, love them! Gorgeous!! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great source. What a bargain! I'll be ordering a few.
    Thanks
    Carin
    http://girlwithasurfboard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice collection i like very much as the home decoration they are more perfect ad nice.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)