Wednesday, February 2, 2011

High Gloss


Yesterday marked the launch of the much anticipated new e-zine High Gloss. I've had mixed emotions regarding the rise of the online magazines. While full of beautiful images and inspiration, to me you just can beat the feel of a shiny new mag in your hands. It is one of my favorite things.
That being said, High Gloss certainly did not disappoint. It is the brain child of a group of stylish and popular bloggers and it reads that way. Relaxed, personal and fun!


For me, the best part was the interview and home tour with Jamie Meares of ISuwannee fame. Jamie's blog was one of the first I ever discovered a couple of years ago. She made me laugh out loud only a few posts in. I quickly found the very beginning and over a few days read the whole thing. I chuckled to myself and read lines out loud to Steph (who rolled his eyes at me) and oohed over her weekly bookcase posts.
I then, followed her on her journey to follow her dream and open her own little shop, which has become incredibly successful just like her blog.
Her style is vastly different from my own. She's zany and a little crazy. Me a tad more traditional and streamlined. It's her daring, relaxed approach that appeals to me. She doesn't shy away from what she likes, mixing patterns and styles that I wouldn't dare to.
Here is a peek of her home from the pages of High Gloss.





If you haven't already, head on over and check out the interview with Jamie and read the rest of High Gloss. I'd love to know what you think! Are you a fan of Jamie and ISuwannee too? She is just so funny... :)

3 comments:

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)