Wednesday, January 12, 2011

guest blogger ~ name 5 things


Welcome to day 3 of the Design Trends guest posting series. Today I welcome Emily from Name 5 Things. Emily has a real eye for all things beautiful and her home is no exception! Every project and update in her home is so tasteful, relaxed and fun! Head on over to her blog and check it out!


*****************************************
I was thrilled with Jane asked me to participate in her great Design Trends Series. Her home is gorgeous and is full of inspiration (can we talk about how amazing her dining room is?)! Of course, I have no expertise on the subject, but it's fun to think about all the great (and not so great) design trends.

Here are the trends I am most looking forward to in 2011:

Pink! I think pink will be a big color. For starters, honeysuckle is Pantone's color of the year, but check out how great the pink in these rooms is:

via decor pad

via decorpad
(And I am hoping animal print stays around. When used in moderation, it can really complete a room.)

Reusing/Re-purposing/Upcycling furniture. There have been some amazing before and after pictures of craigslist and thrift store furniture finds around blogland. I think this trend will continue (or maybe I should say it shouldn't continue, so I can get first dibs at all of my local craigslist finds!).

via littlegreennotebook
 
via emily a. clark

I also think dark walls are around to stay too. I am not daring enough to do one of them myself, but always admire them. They create such drama!

via decorpad
 And there are some trends from 2010 that I am not quite ready to let go of yet either -- gray, lucite, sunburst mirrors, trellis, greek key, and chevron.




images via decor pad


via lonny mag

There is really only one trend that I am ready to see go in 2011 . . . and this may may be shocking, but wall antlers/animal heads. Don't get me wrong, I am not against all antlers -- done right, they can look great. Other times they can be downright creepy. These rooms fall into the creepy category (in my book):

via decor pad

via country living
(but the rest of the room is fabulous!)

I am excited about another year of fun decor inspiration and seeing what things I can incorporate into my own home! Thanks Jane for having me over at your blog today!

Thanks so much Emily for stopping by today! I am totally with you about repurposing/upcyling. My pocketbook hopes this trend is here to stay for a while! You can do so much! I don't usually share my love with too many people either.. keep all the good stuff for me!


9 comments:

  1. Great inspiration Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post emily!!! Love all the trends...and gorgeous inspiration pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this series! Great choices, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome post emily! i myself cant let go of the trellis trend :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily, antlers are definitely something that I'm ready to see go too!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I'm with you on the creepy factor of those faux trophies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post Emily! I have not been an antlers fan ever. So I am definitely with you! =)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)