Wednesday, December 8, 2010

House Tour Recap Part 2

I think one of my favorite rooms to decorate at Christmas time is the dining room. Last year, although I loved how it looked with deep red ornaments against the traditional wallpaper, it didn't suit the rest of the house. I've since lightened up the room with soft blue patterned curtains and painted out some of the furniture white. It was fun to decorate this year because the end result reflected my personal style so much more.

I set the table for the house tour. A simple dinner for two, complete with fresh flowers, greenery and candlelight.



My favorite part though, was the little vignette on the sideboard. I spray painted a branch white and placed in a vase with "snow". Then, hung some of my favorite tiny glass ornaments on the branches. Around it, there are vases filled with jingle bells, silver strands of pearls, snow and candles. I think it's a bit whimsical!



The sill on the piano window and my new painted cabinet are draped with
 fresh cedar and mercury glass ornaments.

one mishap of the night. ALL of my battery operated candles in the windows were burned out by the end of the night. That's what you get for cheaping out on them!


And of course, my little manger scene found a home in the dining room with a simple little pine tree.


I'll be back tomorrow with more to share!
To my fellow bloggers, I'm linking up to Rhoda's Vignette Linky Party. Better late than never!

6 comments:

  1. Love the turquoise lamps on the buffet! Everything is looking festive...Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sideboard too! your table looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness everything looks so pretty!!! Those lamps are amazing!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your chandelier! Everything looks fabulous. I have that same manger scene too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all Jane! Especially your little manger scene.So nice to see another canadian. My family is from the Island as well.
    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dining room chandelier! Did you make it yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)