Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Bit More Christmas..

With Christmas very quickly approaching, I wanted to post a few more pictures from around the house. A few little details that make me smile when I walk through the house. At the same time, it makes me sad to think that in less than two weeks I'll be taking it all down for another year!

Here's a peek at the staircase. I filled an artificial garland with fresh cedar and pine.
Then, clustered some Christmas balls together and added a few feathers.


Just before the house tour, I realized there was an empty wall in the entryway. It's funny how you don't notice things when you walk by them everyday! I needed something in a pinch, so we hung an old frame I had painted and strung up a few crochet snowflakes. A bit of greenery and voila!


The chalkboard door in the kitchen bears a sentimental Christmas message:)


A simple little arrangement in the kitchen.


A greenery arrangement in the living room trimmed with tiny glass balls. 
The little penguin is one of my favorite decorations. I leave him out all winter!


It has been wonderful taking a glimpse into so many bloggers homes the last few weeks to see how they decorate for the holidays. I am inspired by the creativity - so many wonderful ideas! I hope you all find the time to sit back, relax and admire all your hard work!


8 comments:

  1. everything looks gorgeous :) i really really love your chalkboard message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your garland on the staircase! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your Christmas touches. Looks very cozy and festive!
    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen looks so glowy with the candle light, Love the beautiful staircase for Christmas. I also wish it didn't have to come down so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so nice! I love the chalkboard message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful house!

    I'm used to going through blogs and finding everyone is in the States so I was excited to know you are in PEI! We were just there this year. It is in our plans to sell and move that way next year! Well, it has been in our plans for about 4 years now, but a family death put things on hold. Anyways, I'm going to be a new follower and check in on your blog and read all the backlog too!

    Found you via Lauren and MMYB btw :)

    Karrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. gah.. MMUB aka Meet My Ugly Baby.

    I think I need more coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is so pretty! I love the empty frame, so simple yet elegant!
    Thanks for your visit!
    Merry Christmas
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)