Sunday, September 12, 2010

Let's orange it up!

I'm in an orange mood these days. I would dare to call myself a blue girl, a grey girl, definitely a white girl, and sometimes even a pink girl, but I don't think I ever would have said orange.

Maybe it is the feeling of Fall in the air? Whatever it is, it's inspiring me. I don't think I can make it work for me, but I'm thinking my Mom and Dad's family room is going to get a healthy dose of it!

Here is some orange to brighten your day:)

These stairways make me think my entryway needs a punch of color.
Although, I think you need to be careful with orange and black. Halloween ruined it forever.



These front doors. They totally work year round but it makes me want to paint mine, even just for October.

via Pure Style Home
via Martha Stewart
I can think of a project for this fabric. I'm thinking gorgeous pillows on my Mom's new couch.
May not be in the budget though...

schumacher

Oooh, and paired with this rug. Perfection!


And a couple of martini side tables from West Elm! Well, maybe to mod for Mom, but very cool.


Anyone out there getting married? May I convince you that you should wear orange shoes with your wedding dress? And your bridesmaids should have these adorable clutches from Emersonmade.





I love the punch of orange in these rooms. Just enough to make an impact.
via mae brunken designs

via sfgirlbybay
I used to think that a punch of orange was enough. This room begs to differ.
Four walls papered in a beautiful burnt orange = perfection.

via cococozy

For me, I'll just take a couple of these Hermes boxes. I don't even need anything inside - just the boxes please :)


via apartment therapy

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm loving orange these days too. The fabric and rug are inspirations for my guest room.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)