I love a good project and I'll admit some have totally worked out for me and some have totally not, but the process is always fun. I plan to share the good and the bad. Some projects are super easy and quick to do and others a little more time consumming.
First off this week are my embroidery hoops. I am always looking for things to put on the wall that don't cost an arm and a leg. This one seemed simple enough and woudn't break the bank since I had lots of fabric on hand.
embroidery hoops (couple of dollars each)
enough different fabrics as you have hoops (I am a collector of fabric, although I cannot sew)
1. Cut a piece of fabric about an 2 inches larger around than the circumference of the hoop. Make sure to cut the pattern you wish to display.
2. Place fabric in the hoop. Pull taught.
3. On the wrong side, run a bead of glue along the inside of the hoop, next to the fabric.
4. Press fabric into glue. Let dry.
6. Hang on the wall. I suggest laying it out on the floor first to get the pattern you want.
Cheap, easy, cute artwork for any room - office, craft room, baby room, or in my case, back entrance. I don't know if I'll keep it permanently but it is something on the wall for now. I wish the fabrics were a bit brighter colors but you work with what you have! I have accumulated more fabric since so I may have to pick up some hoops and keep adding to it.
It looks really cute in kid rooms.
|*images via ohdeedoh|
Try it out!