Friday, December 17, 2010

A Look Back at Turquoise

Pantone just released the Color of the Year for 2011. It's called Honeysuckle and the color is not what I expected from its name.


It is, however, gorgeous. But more on that later.

I want to take a look back at the 2010 Color of the Year: Turquoise. Not all colors have the ability to pack a punch or lift your spirits like it does! As we headed into the winter months, a dose of turquoise was just what we needed. Maybe because it reminds us of the color of the ocean or of a bright sunny sky?

I remember thinking it was too bold. I didn't think that it wouldn't catch on much further than through accessories. I'll be the first to admit that I was dead wrong on that one. I've been some beautiful accessories and some entire rooms done in turquoise and I think it's pretty terrific.

Did my home get a big dose of turquoise? No, but a couple of touches for sure. I picked up these lamps at Winners one day. They add a nice punch to my dining room.


Here is a collection of my favorite rooms that feature the color turquoise in some way or another.

What's not to love about this room by Jonathan Adler. I've seen it dozens of times and it still stops me in my tracks. The chippendale chairs are amazing and the chevron rug gets me everytime.



Turquoise works in a more traditional country setting too.


via country living

Gorgeous room. Very me, I think. And do I spot an IKEA coffee table?


via decorpad

 A great room to entertain in. Tons of seating. I suppose the size of the room helps!
via decorpad

Such a simple room with an incredible rug.

via house and home

 Maybe I should have painted my cabinet this color? Nah, I love the white:)

via house and  home

I don't know what it is about this image that I love. I guess it is that door. It takes the room from good to great in my opinion. I think I've saved it in every folder I have. It all just works.. even though I bet that kitchen is teeny!


via decorpad


Lots of color for me, but I love the grouping of black and white photos and curtains.

 Athough, me and chocolate brown are on the outs these days (not feeling it), nothings pairs better with it than a little turquoise and a bit of pink!

via decorpad

I'll be back soon with my thoughs on Honeysuckle!
Pretty excited that I now have 101 Followers:) Thank-you!

3 comments:

  1. I agree about the chocolate brown. I think I've seen it way too much lately..especially in nurseries.

    I have the second to last image in my files too. It's always struck me, even though I think it's a little too much.


    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty spaces you posted. Love the turquoise.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)