Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Black & White Photo Art.

I love preserving a memory with a photograph. Whether it be printing it and putting it in a frame, sharing it on Instagram or even uploading to Facebook. My aunt Marilyn has been so great to take photos over the years and to keep them organized (the hardest part!) and to make copies for those who should have them. I love going to her house and looking through the albums she's collected over the years.

When Posterjack, an online photoprinting company, contacted me about trying out one of their products, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I have a copy of a photo of my Dad when he was small doing the laundry for his mother. I think it's the sweetest thing ever!

I had visions of enlarging it and hanging it over my fireplace. Unfortunately, the quality of the photo is just too poor for enlargements so I had to nix that idea. A total bummer but I kinda figured so much.

That's my Dad standing on the chair:)

This summer, we spent an amazing week at a cottage and spent the majority of the time at the most beautiful beach. I feel pretty lucky to live here on the Island as we are surrounded by beaches but this particular one blew me away. I took hundreds of photos throughout the week and decided there much be one that I could use that would perfectly capture that memory.

After pouring through all those photos, I chose one a beach scene that I loved. I uploaded to the Posterjack site and using their editing tools to change it to a moody black and white. There are many printing options available but I went with the Satin Matte Poster in 28 X 42.



It's big and turned out beautiful! I can't wait for you to see it but there is a bit of a DIY plan in place for getting up on the wall over the fireplace but it hasn't actually happened yet. I need to get on the ball! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture of your father and siblings! Oh my.. so sweet. What they did at such a young age… And, love the new look of your blog! Very glamourous… xo

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)