Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Love of Food. In Print.

 

I grew tired of the print that was hanging in the kitchen for the last few years. When I bought the Keep Calm Carry On print it was somewhat unique. Then for the last couple of years it started popping up everywhere. Prints, mugs, t-shirts, the whole works. The time had come to ditch it and try something new.

Old photo from the kitchen, circa 2010.

I called upon my friend Kim of Kim Roach Design for help. I had seen a print she had made for her holiday party and thought it would be a perfect replacement. She was able to have it printed to fit perfectly into my Ikea Ribba frame. 


I flipped around the matte in the Ribba frame so that it would be crisp white instead of the creamy white that they usually feature. I love the bold black print, it really adds a fresh, modern touch to the kitchen.


Be sure to check out Kim's Etsy shop, Little Lovely Details, to pick a print of your own. She has some amazing stuff!

13 comments:

  1. I love this, Jane. So cute, so fresh. Perfect for the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this print too! Cannot wait till someday have all these displayed in the 'dreamplex'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I really still like the Keep Calm's - but wow oh wow I LOVE your new print -
    ( and can I tell you about my obsession with radiators? haven't had them for years now but just love everything about them !!! )
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Keep Calm and Carry On unfortunately got played out. But I love your new print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that print! Don't you hate it when something you like gets popular like that? It happens to me all the time with baby names. I fear for my future children- they're getting something wacky no one else will have. LIke Apple. Oh wait. THat's taken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In LOVE with that print! SO gorgeous. And agreed on the Keep Calm print. I had to pass mine on to my parents' guest room... I just couldn't do it anymore, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Clicked through to her shop after I commented and realized that I bought one of Kim's prints for my boyfriend for VDay! I got it at Inkwell in Halifax and she mentioned it was from an artist in PEI. Love that local connection.

      Delete
  7. This print is perfect, and I love the sleek framing! I'm never a fan of overpowering the art with the framing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I buy organic chicken at Woolworths and most often can find some that is discounted for a quick sale.Fasion

    ReplyDelete
  9. All you do for this exercise is hop up on a dip bar and
    hold your body weight up keeping your arms straight.
    Man boobs (or boy boobs) are properly known as a condition called
    gynecomastia. Below is a list of some of the ingredients and how they assist in breast enhancement as well as overall female health and sexual improvement.


    My page ... How to treat man breast

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)