I neglected to mention the fact that this is going to be complete diy project by us (Except possibly tiling. We'll decide when we get there). And by us, I mean Steph does most of the work and I pick out all the finishes. Kidding.. actually, I've been pulling my weight! Going up and down the stairs with 10 gallon buckets full of debris and out to the dumpster has to count for something, right?
We still have a toilet!
We are currently still in the demolition phase and have come across lots things that leave us scratching our heads. Pink plaster with a carved brick pattern? A random pipe jutting out of the wall behind a piece of trim? A box that looks to have been a recessed medicine cabinet.. for someone 7 ft tall? A big hole in the floor under the tub? And the list goes on..
The fun part for me is going to be picking out all the finishes and fixtures. I've pinned a lot of photos on my Pinterest board of bathrooms that I find inspiring for one reason or another but I have yet to make many decisions.
Here is what we know for sure:
- We have to put in a tub/shower combination. There is no other option considering resale of a home with one washroom. There certainly isn't enough room to do both separately.
- I really want a rain head and a handheld. Lindsay's post leaves me hoping I can have both..
- Choosing the right tub was important to me. While it's not set in stone, this is the one we're going with. I love the modern flat apron and square inset.
What we don't know is:
- Can we change the footprint? Crossing our fingers on this one and won't really know until the demo is finished and we see what we are dealing with.
- Should we do a glass door instead of a shower curtain?
- What are we using for tile? I'll all over the place on this one.
- How on earth are we going to add storage in that tiny space?
- Will I have to go with a pedestal due to space restrictions? I'm not a fan.
So many decisions to make! In one sense, it makes my head spin but in other ways I very excited for the challenge! For now, I'll leave you with some of my favorite bathroom renovations from some of my very favorite bloggers. Keeps my eye on the prize:)
Aren't they beautiful? So inspiring!