Thursday, April 25, 2013

Framing Ideas.



I need your advice. I love these prints by Anne Harwell that I have hanging in the dining room.There are actually four of them hung in a grid. However, I'm not crazyabout the white frame and mat. I think it may be due to the fact that there are a few hits of black on the other side of the room and therefore this side does not feel grounded.


Suppose I was to paint these framesblack.. or another color you may suggest. I found this as inspiration.


Or what about painting the mats black, or another color? I'm totally crushing on black mats lately. 
Nancy at Marcus Design just did a great post with some fab images about black mats and gold frames. Gorgeousness. And Amelia of House Pretty recently framed some pretty art cards in black mats. So pretty.

How cute is that red bench?

So what do you think? I'd love your suggestions or advice!

6 comments:

  1. I vote for black frames. I do like the black mats, but I think it would be too much black in that area (which is beautiful!).

    Sharon @ Desert Willow Lane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of painting the frames black in this instance. I love Amelia's new mats though - I just think it might be a little heavy here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I'm not biased because I went with black mats, but I actually think the black mats would look really cool (assuming that you keep the frames white) and could provide a nice contrast to what's happening on the other side of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them in the white frames. Maybe paint a complementary color on the inside edge of the frame just to make them stand out a bit more? 6th street design did something similar and it turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you think of something like this?

    http://pinterest.com/pin/68328119318926089/

    It would be the perfect blend of the colors you have and be something different... although I really like the idea of the black mats too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'd go with a metallic look for the frames - maybe gold or copper like the ones above. Maybe navy or taupe for the matting.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)