Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013.. Let's Do This!

Beautfort's new bowtie. Quite a dapper fellow.
It's official. The New Year is here and I am finally getting a post together. I intended to continue blogging throughout the holidays but let's face it. Each year, time with my family playing games, eating, watching old movies, reading new books and generally relaxing trumps lugging out the computer and thinking of something somewhat inspiring.

I've been thinking a lot about this blog and what things I would like to share this year.
  • We have a very exciting demolition and remodel coming up very shortly. Or at least very exciting for me but I'm hoping to will enjoy it as well :)
Want a clue? Here is one of my inspiration photos:
  • The kitchen is starting to show it's wear and tear and needs simply a new coat of paint on the walls and cabinets. Still deciding on colors but hope to tackle it soon.
  • The kitchen also got a new piece of furniture which has drastically changed the way we use the space. Still waiting on a last piece for it, then I promise to share.
  • Speaking of wear and tear, my trusty magic eraser is no longer cutting it. The risers need a new coat of paint and this time I'm going to keep going and paint the whole railing as well. I foresee this being quite a job but I think it will really brighten up the space.
Inspiration:


That's it for now. An ambitious list when you both work full time but doable nonetheless. Come spring, I'm sure I'll have new projects to tag on to the list!

As for the blog itself, my friend Kim did a beautiful redesign for me and I've not been the best at its upkeep. My House Tour page is embarrassingly outdated and poor little Beaufort has his own page without one photo of his sweet face. My resolution is to spend some time bring it up to date.


Speaking of Kim, she recently opened an Etsy shop called Little Lovely Details with her own custom digital art prints. In fact, I was the lucky recipient of this one made especially for me, inspired by a photo I shared of Beaufort in front of the Christmas tree. How lucky am I? I will most certainly cherish it!


You can win a very special print of your own by visiting Rachel Peters Photography and sharing the moment of 2012 you are most grateful for. Go on now.. it's simple!

One more day off before I head back to work. I planned to take the tree and decorations down today but woke up with a terrible sore neck and back. I decided to give up wheat for the month of January and it seems somewhat ironic, that the very day I am to start, I sit here with a warm wheat bag around my neck. It's aroma silently teasing me.

I guess I'll have these little reminders of Christmas around for a couple more days.



Happy New Year!

9 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are always so late putting UP our Christmas décor that we always leave it up longer than everyone else.

    :)

    I hope you feel better and I love the blog redesign! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that bathroom and pinned it myself for our one day (far away) bathroom reno. Can't wait to see what you guys do. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo
    News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Cheers
    Here is my site :: Home Design Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to follow along with these projects in 2013! I love that bathroom too - I even managed to snag a similar shower curtain for Christmas (from Restoration Hardware, via ebay). Now if I can just convince my husband to rip out our perfectly good shower to install white subway tile...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh we're hoping for a bathroom reno too! Excited to see what you come up with :) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! I am excited to hear all about your next renovation!! I would love to get me hands on our upstairs loo but thats going to have to wait for a bit. Looking forward to 2013 at Modern Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! Looking forward to the bathroom project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for your sweet words, happy to create the Beaufort piece and to meet him in real life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)