Here is how you do it.
- Find an image that you like and print it out. It has to be a simple line drawing, without too much detail. I wanted to do a Boston Terrier so I used one similar to the one below. The possibilities are endless.. flowers, leaves, coral etc. (tip: search coloring pages for kids!)
- Take a piece of art paper (I used watercolor paper) and place the finished side face down. Tape your selected image to the paper so it doesn't move around. Then, place the two pieces on a piece of foam core or cardboard.
- Next, you need a thumb tack. Place a pony bead on the end on the tack and secure with some tape or a bead of hot glue. This acts as a spacer, otherwise the holes will be too big. You just want the end of the tack to puncture the paper.
- Start poking! Pierce through the two papers, along the lines of the drawing, until you hit the foam core underneath. Try to keep your holes as close as possible without overlapping. You may want to check your progress periodically but be careful when lifting the paper!
- When you've finished, turn it over and check out your one of a kind piece of art! Sign your name, pop it into a frame and your done.
What do you think? Will you try it? If you do, I'd love to see them:)