Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Tree Is Up!

I spend yesterday evening decorating the Christmas tree! Once I got through this tedious part of putting on all the lights, I was in my glory putting on the decorations. I love going through the boxes and remembering what ornaments I have and being pleasantly surprised when I come across new ones that I bought last year at after Christmas sales.

The color scheme is white, silver and blue. I had planned on mixing it up a bit this year but I have some many ornaments that I couldn't justify spending money on any new ones. Bear with me, I have learned a lot at my photography class and I've been experimenting with the manual settings on my camera. It is really hard to take a good photo of a Christmas tree!




Here are some shots at night.








Beaufie's little bone ornament!



I love the glowy look of this photo but it's a little grainy because I bumped the ISO speed way up!


We went on the Christmas House tour tonight. It's fun to see how others decorate their home for the holidays. One home had a beautiful color scheme of fresh greenery, copper and turquoise. It was beautiful!


20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tree! What is that swirly garland stuff? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks beautiful Jane! I agree it is VERY difficult to take photos of a Christmas tree, but you did a good job. I love that glass/crystal snow flake ornament. And I lvoe the idea of a house tour! How fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas tree looks gorgeous, Jane! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is beautiful!! I love your dog's ornament. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is so pretty. we love the white, blue and silver theme. well done. You must be so happy to have it all up and shining in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Someday I want a real tree. We always used to have real trees growing up... but I've never had one since I left home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is gorgeous and I love your colour scheme. Nothing like the smell of a real tree. Think we are getting ours tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree is so impressive! I love your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree looks beautiful! And I couldn't agree more about taking pictures of Christmas trees. It's so tough! Did you use a tripod? Your pictures are great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is beautiful! I wish we had a real tree this year. There is nothing better than the scent filling your house for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tree. I love the night shots that show the glow the tree gives off!

    Sita
    www.thefamilyroomdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very beautiful tree, it looks fantastic! We have this year a classic Christmas tree in red colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tree is gorgeous and the color scheme of blue and silver and white is so pretty!

    I am delighted you are participating and linked up the the Christmas Party at 2805!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jane, I think your tree is so beautiful. I'll be featuring it next week- thanks for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for linking up last week at our {Home for the Holidays} party. I loved your tree so much we are featuring it this week. ~ Carrie
    http://thecorsoncottage.blogspot.com/2011/12/time-flies-when-you-having-fun-at-all.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. just coming by from Corson Cottage.
    Your tree is so large and full.
    Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just glowing!! Love it. You did such a wonderful job decorating (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been blog hopping for some wonderful and beautiful Christmas tree decorating ideas and I saw your tree. All I can say is "wow, that was fantastic". i sooo love the way you decorated your tree. It seems so professional.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)