Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gold Rush.

I am still on my gold kick! After my post on Monday, it seems that almost everyone else is eyeing up gold in interiors as well! I think we all agree though that combination of gold and silver is not only acceptable but beautiful.
I am busy this week with parent-teacher interviews but found a few minutes to collect some images of my favorite rooms with gold accents.

An image I've had filed away for a long time. Isn't that gold wall hanging beautiful?
Love the lamps and the mustard chair too. What a beautiful space to blog in.

Source: gettingitswoonworthy.blogspot.com via Jane on Pinterest
Another favorite. I LOVE white interiors, especially with a pop of color like this one. 
Add some gold and it's, well, kinda perfect!



A space I think we could all live with. Soft and serene. 
If your going with poufs, you might was well go for gold!


Love gold hardware in a kitchen. It looks sophisticated yet can have such warmth as well. 
Could I do it? Big commitment! Well I guess you could change it out but... still not sure.


I would definitely do a little mixing and matching though!
Love the grey on the cabinets. Another obsession of mine lately!


Maybe in a bathroom. Maybe.



I'm curious to know. If you are currently loving the golden trend, would you go as far as to use it on permanent fixtures (lighting, hardware etc... I guess nothing is "permanent" but you get my drift) or would you play it safe and stick with accessories? And of course anyone completely steering clear? Even after that gorgeous display of images you just witnessed? :)

16 comments:

  1. I love gold! I'd do it in a bathroom - like a small powder room - would be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it in small amounts, little details here and there. I think it makes a room more glam :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration pics. That first shot of the wall hanging IS amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I love all of those and have pinned many of those same images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved gold but felt a whole house of gold seemed dated since silver was the rage for so long. I had some lovely gold pieces however, an antique Louis XV gold leaf mirror, antique gold and crystal sconces, etc. plus my favorite set of china was burgundy and gold, very regal. When I moved into my new smaller apartment, I did my bedroom very glam in gold with a gold comforter, used my sconces with the crystals and have a sofa at the end of my be with the gold mirror on the side wall. For my son's room, I used white, black and silver and for my kitchen I used glass knobs and stainless and yet, it all goes together. People comment all the time on how the whole space is different yet looks beautiful together. What is important though, is that I did what I loved. When you do that, it will all work together.

    You have a good eye for style and I am sure you can mix the metals and it will be totally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually I'm not a huge fan of gold, but I love it in these rooms. I've even pinned a few of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving gold lately too! Great pics! PS - I awarded you a blog award! You can check it out here http://flutterflutter.ca/2011/11/09/hello-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete
  8. AM I ever!? My friends know me too well... I was looking at a piece the other day and my friend says "you know you'd paint it gold if you could".... She nailed it!

    Tomorrow I'm posting a new dresser check out the make over I did on the hardware. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AM I ever!? My friends know me too well... I was looking at a piece the other day and my friend says "you know you'd paint it gold if you could".... She nailed it!

    Tomorrow I'm posting a new dresser check out the make over I did on the hardware. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AM I ever!? My friends know me too well... I was looking at a piece the other day and my friend says "you know you'd paint it gold if you could".... She nailed it!

    Tomorrow I'm posting a new dresser check out the make over I did on the hardware. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AM I ever!? My friends know me too well... I was looking at a piece the other day and my friend says "you know you'd paint it gold if you could".... She nailed it!

    Tomorrow I'm posting a new dresser check out the make over I did on the hardware. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for some bling, eh? I've got this linked to my gold post too today, for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I DO love it, but I think I'm going to hate it in a year or two...gold is a fast fascination with me. Everytime I start loving it, I start hating it....

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)