Thursday, March 10, 2011

Trois Amours ~ A Delightful Design

I've asked some of my favorite bloggers to share the 3 things in their home that they love most. This could be:

•that one piece that finished off a room

•a great find or a steal of a deal

•a sentimental item

•or simply something that makes you smile when you walk into a room!



Today, it is wonderful to welcome Abby from A Delightful Design. I discovered Abby's blog recently and been an avid follower since! She and her husband are on the house hunt and hopefully they will find something soon! It will be so fun to watch her transform it into a home!
Head on over and check out her blog!

******************************************************

Hi friends!  I'm Abby from a delightful design and I am so happy to join in the fun with Jane's new series! 
 I confess, this was a tricky post to write.  I love different pieces in our home for different reasons...how do you choose!?  We have lived in this house for seven years and that's enough time to accumulate items of meaning.  But what do I love the most?  Pieces with sentimental value of just stuff I'm crushing on for the moment.  I say both! :-)


This white sofa is my number one love of the moment.  I wanted a slipcovered sofa to stand up to my two little boys, and this one fits the bill without looking shabby chic.  Plus, it allows my artwork, pillows, and wall color be the stand out.  


This chair is my second love it-have to have it-can't live without it piece in our home.  When my first baby was born I used a wooden rocking chair.  BIG mistake.  Trust me--after pushing a baby out of your lady parts you want a nice upholstered chair.  Admittedly, damask is a rather feminine fabric choice for a boy's nursery, but I plan to move it into our bedroom once he becomes a "big boy".  Just look how sweet he is!


My third love is more on the sentimental side.  
Can you see the painting over the sofa?  I love the painting but what really drew me in was the frame.  I fell hard for it while visiting my home town.  My dad noticed me noticing the painting and gave it as a birthday gift.  I would never have bought it for myself and I love that I will have it forever.


Thanks for spending time with me today!  I can't wait to keep reading Jane's "Trois Amours" series!

20 comments:

  1. Such beautiful colors in her home, particularly the living room walls! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing more of Abby's beautiful home- she is so sweet and such a talent! Happy to have found you and your lovely blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the one person in the world who I know who doesn't like slip covered furniture, but your couch doesn't look slip covered at all. Love it! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! I loved seeing what Abby's favorites were, and it's really gotten me thinking about what my own favorites are. Funny that we all seem to have so much *stuff*, but yet the pieces that are the most dear are typically few and far between. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when a home has a story to tell, that is so sweet of your dad and I love your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great series Jane. I'm glad I found you through Abby. Your fireplace looks fsntastic. And Abby what a great story about the art and your dad. Dont you just love a piece that means something? :). Have s great day ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the kind words!

    Katie- would you believe the sofa was $300.00 via Cost Plus World Market? The slipcover is available in other colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet dad! I agree on the soft chair in a nursery :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jane! Found you via Abby :), what great items for your top 3, Abby. Your comments about the nursery chair needing to be soft made me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely darling daddy!!! So sweet. And I'm still wiping the tears from my eyes from Abby's comments about post-partum...HILARIOUS. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane, just found you via Abby's site. Great idea for a series and great post Abby! I still can't get over the white couch with little boys! I look forward to reading more, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this series, I'm a newbie to blogging and am now obsessed. Can't wait to dive into yours, I'm already a big fan of delightful design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed Abby's guest post today. Love her living room and reading about her favorite things. Thanks for sharing, I'm off to explore more of her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a happy space! Loving her pillows and art.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, here you have some handpainted watercolors, do you like it?

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/PaulBucholz?ref=pr_shop_more

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! What a great intro to the house, looking forward to jumping over to her blog and checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just wanted to stop over and say HI, thanks for becoming a follower! I will do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am coveting a white slicovered sofa!!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great choices! I love all of Abby's picks!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)