Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Painted Pretties.

While deciding on a color to paint my new coffee table and giving my new side table a fun coat of navy, I've been eyeing up some great painted furniture pieces that I've come across this week.

I will likely stick with white, but I admire the bold finishes by the people behind these painted pretties!

Decor and the Dog's dresser went from blonde to grey.
This is one piece of furniture I would have walked right by, but it looks incredible with a coat of paint!
 
before:
 

 

Little Green Notebook's Silver-Leafed Cabinet. I love the blue color.. reminds me of the one in my own living room. I think she said she's going to change the color this week though:)

before:

after:


k.f.d designs stunning lacquered yellow chair. Love. I loved her living room before, but for me, I think this chair simply makes the updated look!




This cabinet that Cassie breathed new life into for a client. It turned out great!
Be sure to check out her link party today at Primitive & Proper for more great furniture projects.
before:

after:



Do you have any great painted furniture projects that I should see?
I am eating them up these days so send them along!

13 comments:

  1. thank you so much for the lovely shout out! and i, too, was drooling over those pieces this week. i love that first dresser- the colors are so me and i love the modern hardware with the curvy dresser- so fun! i can't wait to see what you do with your table! you could always paint it white and get a mirror for the inset of it to add some glamour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for mentioning my dresser!! I found your blog about a month ago and have been loving it!!
    I'm new to blogging so seeing my things on other blogs is ridiculously exciting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I have too many painted things to mention! I love a piece with great bones painted a fabulous color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are some gorgeous pieces!! I love the silver leafed cabinet. I can't believe she wants to change it. And that yellow, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these- they're all fabulous anc I can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for the love! i adore jenny's new hutch - beauuuutiful use of silver leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing what a little paint can do! I love that yellow chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crapola! I hadn't even seen LGN's finished cabinet! Off the chain...and I'm pretty much lusting after that yellow laquer, yes please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your comment to my study on REMODELAHOLIC.
    I’m huge, that you like the space and the new desk order!
    So I’ve now found as a new follower your blog ;)

    Take care
    Tine

    ReplyDelete
  10. All fantastic transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That first cabinet is just beautiful! Great transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great inspirations! We added some color to our living room with some teal dressers I DIYed from Craigslist. Check them out here.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)