Friday, January 14, 2011

Guest Blogger ~ A Kapple a Day


Rounding out the Design Trends Guest Series is Kristen from A Kapple a Day. She and her handsome husband just closed on their first house! I am anxious to see what design trends she incorporates as she makes it a home!

*************************************
Hello everyone! I was so excited when Jane asked me to participate in her guest post series on trends. I will be the first to admit, my knowledge of design is limited, and my formal training is that of an ICU nurse, not an interior decorator. So when I saw the other guest bloggers Jane had lined up for this series, I was a bit intimidated! I mean, these are all blogs that I read to keep up with the trends and search for inspiration. So with that said, I'm happy and honored to be here!

As a new home owner, I am constantly on the lookout for ways to decorate and accessorize our home, and really make it ours! I have been scouring blogs and magazines for months and have quite a nice inspiration folder set up on my lap top. There are a couple trends that I have been seeing around the blog world, and in magazines, that I can see being popular in this coming year:

PINK! Ever since Pantone introduced Honeysuckle as the color for 2011, I feel like I've been seeing it everywhere. And I can't say that I mind! I love little pops of color here and there and pink has always been one of my favorites. It's such a cheery, happy color and I can't wait to incorporate it into our home, somewhere, somehow!

{photos via lonny, bellemaison23, everythingleb}

Gallery Walls. This trend has been around for a little while, but I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon. What a fabulous way to showcase favorite photos and artwork for everyone to see! I can't wait to have something like this in my new living room.

{photos via abodelove, lesueurinteriors, & martha stewart}

One trend from 2010 that I won't be disappointed to see go?

Tribal Prints. Although I love color and patterns, this one is just not for me.

{via anthropologie}

I'm looking forward to seeing what trends really take off this year! Thanks so much for having me Jane!

Thanks so much Kristen! Everyone should head on over to her blog and check it out! Her new house is adorable!

1 comment:

  1. I think gallery walls are here to stay too! They are so flexible.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)