Sunday, November 14, 2010

I finally have a plate wall!

Remember when I decided I wanted a plate wall? Well, I finally got one! It took me a while, since I had a really hard time finding plates that I liked. I've finally accumulated a few. Most of them are from Winners/Homesense at just a couple of dollars each. One is from my trip to Quebec City - a little souvenir!


Not surprisingly, they are mostly shades of white and blue. I didn't realize until I pulled them out to hang, that they were all so similar. Originally I had thought colorful and fun, but I love the white plates against the blue wall in the kitchen. The wall is rather large, so I will be able to add to it over time. I will also switch them out with the seasons (I have a couple of Christmas ones thrown in for now).

This one is my favorite:

So pretty!

It looks pretty at night with the reflection of the chandelier:



For now they are hung with standard plate hangers that I picked up at Walmart. If I decide that I like it and the plate wall is there to stay, I may consider buying adhesive plate hangers.
Fellow blogger, Joi, from Nuestra Vida Dulce, has used them and I like how you can't see any of the wire.
Isn't her kitchen plate wall adorable? So colorful and fun!


I hope you all had a great weekend! I just got back from gathering sticks and branches with my mom and sister, for our outdoor holiday pots. I smell like pine, but I love it because it reminds me that Christmas will soon be here! Although, between now and then, I'm appreciating these beautiful days!

7 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love how you have them arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wall looks great! Thanks for the shout out! : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wall looks great, I knew as soon as I saw it that the bird one would be your fav!!!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew too, Crystal... Is that the one from Quebec.. I guess yes. It's my fav too. I love it. Love the wall. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the adhesive plate hangers for my plate wall and I LOVE them! I have huge, heavy plates (more like platters) hanging and the adhesive hangers come in varying sizes by plate diameter and weight so I get the big adhesives for my larger plates. I highly recommend them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are a girl after my own heart. I love a plate collection. I did one in my master bedroom with plates I have been drooling over for months. I finally scored a few during a sale at Arhaus -- the only way to shop...and so thrilled with the result. LOVE the bird plate...LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)