Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer Has Arrived.

So apparently I took over a week off from blogging. It was unplanned but necessary I suppose with all the busy things that come with the end of the school year. Now I am a few days into my vacation and feel recharged and ready to blog again!

Last week, my first grade six class celebrated their closing and are headed to Junior High in the fall. I was lucky to have my niece in my class this year and got to present her with her certificate. We both started at Greenfield school 6 years ago. She was a grade one student and I was a grade two teacher. It was a bittersweet day:)

It's possibly that I got a little teary eyed when I saw her wearing mascara...

I got home from my staff party last week only to discover that Steph had removed the huge bush from the side yard. It was seriously huge.. and ugly. He never rests.


Since this blog is all about my home projects, I'm putting down my summer to-do list so that it's in writing and it might give me a push to get moving!
  • finish scraping the front door and repaint
  • prime and paint the exterior window trim (we had to scrape the south facing ones as they were peeling)
  • re-stain the deck (ugh..)
  • re-paint the shed door
As you can tell, my list of projects are mostly upkeep related. The joys of owning a house! I'm sure there will be some fun projects along the way as well to keep you interested.

My brother, sister-in-law and their two children are here visiting from Seoul, Korea. It's been two years since we've seen them so it's been wonderful spending time with them. We even had a birthday party for the kids! Today we are headed on a girls day to Charlottetown for some shopping and lunch. My mom and my 3 sisters. Should be a great day!

Back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)