Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Elizabeth Mayville Print.

Hi all! Busy bee over here these days. I just got in from priming some of the trim around the windows outside in preparation for repainting. Those on the south side were peeling so Steph scraped them a while ago and were waiting on paint (ie not pretty). I'm sure the neighbors were talking.

It's just getting to that time with the house that previous projects need to be redone which is not nearly as fun as tackling new ones! The joys of home ownership. I swear, if I real estate agent had walked by while I was trying to lean the ladder against the house, in the middle of a scratchy bush in my garden, there would be a for sale sign out there right now. I have a short fuse at times.

Inside the house there isn't much new going on. I hung my Elizabeth Mayville top knot print in living room gallery wall. I love her work so much.. it makes me smile when I look at it. I was even inspired to wear my hair in a sock bun last week and sported a blue and white stripe shirt. True story.


I used one of the Ikea Odby frames. I'm not actually sure I'm crazy about the shape of them but it was kicking around the house so it works for now.




My sister goes home tomorrow after a two week visit. It's always so nice having her here, especially while my brother, my sister-in-law and their children are here visiting from Korea. We've spent lots of time on the beach, lounging around my (other) sister's pool and of course eating lots and lots. The weather has been fabulous! I love summer!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I really love your gallery wall! I just posted about gallery walls today. I am going to add one to our foyer. Great inspiration :) xo Kristin www.bliss-athome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that print as well. Such a happy gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the collection you have going! I'm a big fan of the sock bun/top knot :) The Odby frame isn't usually my favourite, but I kind of like it with that print.

    We finally opened our windows today after weeks of awful humidity (thank goodness for AC!) and it's glorious!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)