Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Silver and Gold Tablesetting.

Happy New Year! Last night was spent as a fairly quiet evening at home. I was sick in bed most of the day so it was good to stay in. We invited Stephane's mom for a nice supper, then watched a couple of movies together before hitting the sack at 11:00. We didn't quite make it to midnight but it was lovely nonetheless.

It's such a nice feeling to start a new year off fresh. A year full of promise and a chance to make change or new intentions. I know for me, that all starts with a clean slate in my home. Time to get rid of clutter, simplify and make a plan for new projects. That all started this morning with the removal of all my Christmas decor. I love it during the season but can't wait to tear it all down once the new year arrives. The tree is still standing but as I'm back to work tomorrow, that will have to wait for the weekend.

Most of the holidays were spent with our families and that meant we didn't do a lot of hosting at our own home. We did however have a raclette dinner one night and took to opportunity to pretty up the table a little. I would have liked to add more details, like candlesticks, etc but if you've had raclette before, you know there is very little space on the table for much more than all the food!

Here is a look at our simple and last minute table set up.


The flowers were leftovers from arrangements I made for our moms and my sister over the holidays as hostess gifts. Theirs had white hydrangeas as well but there were none left for me. We made do.




The geometric plates were a Christmas gift from my brother and are from Target. I think they will be very versatile for other gatherings. We should really host more often!




It would had made for a pretty silver and gold New Year's table as well. Maybe next year:) 

Best wishes for a wonderful year to you all!



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful table setting! Love those geometric plates and your chargers. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! Such a beautiful table. I LOVE those dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those geometric plates are fantastic - what a gorgeous setting! Wishing you all the best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2014! I love the gold accent dishes! I hope you are feeling better! I can't wait to see what you do in the new year!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)