Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Pop of Plumage.

We had a rather nasty storm in the forecast for Friday night into Saturday, which didn't quite materialize. Thank goodness. In any event, I planned for a quiet weekend at home and went ahead with it anyway!

When there is a storm coming, I always buy myself some flowers to brighten up an otherwise miserable day. Here are my flowers on Friday. I love my tulips!


I just finished reading The Great Gatsby so I finally got to put it out on display. Such a pretty book (on top of the pile). Time to by another Modern Classic? Problem is, I have a rule that if I buy them, I have to read them and I really want to get into the Hunger Games. Hmmm. I guess I'll wait. I picked up the shy owl last week at Winners. He's been moving around the house a lot because he looks so cute everywhere!

Saturday, I got to work priming some pieces that have been on the to do list for a while. Today, I painted those pieces. I don't mind painting. In fact, I'll pretty much paint anything if it will make it pretty. However,  I tend to paint everything white. It took me some time to get used to this:


Martha Stewart Plumage. It's bright and dark but I'm loving it! It's all part of my dining room makeover plan. I don't know when we will get a change to get in there and paint the walls but small things are changing, here and there. A splash of teal for instance! 

Here is a little peek for now. I'll be back soon to share the little makeover with you. Promise


Here are my tulips today. After having a chance to open up. So pretty.


Have a great week! I'm off to watch the Oscars!  

12 comments:

  1. can't wait to see it!

    ps: Tulips are toxic to pets, just so you know because i just learnt that the other day and was quite surprised

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Can't wait to see what your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tulips are a a girl's 'stormy weather day' best friend, and yours are definitely a hit of cheer.

    I'm looking forward to the reveal, but I have to say, I love your owl! Such personality :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to step outside the comfort zone from time to day. Plumage looks amazing! Love your little vignette!
    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tulips, and I love that paint color! I can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos and love that blue hue! Such a pretty shade.
    And I simply must comment on that owl...he is the most delightful thing. Love his expression.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tulips too! And your owl and that paint colour! The makings of a lovely weekend at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 2 bunches of tulips going right now as well. They're so inspiring at this time of year. Loving your blue paint. Can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That owl is so cute! Can't wait to see the furniture reveal - great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Fellow Jane and fellow teacher. So glad I found your blog. My tulips are pink right now, we're in the deepfreeze here in Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are fantastic! I need to get some of those classic books... the covers are just so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the shy owl, too cute! I am reading the hunger games series now, I bought the three series in hardcover and they are pretty nice looking. You should definitely get them, really good so far.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)